Full-Time Compliance Director
The Indiana Democratic Party (IDP) is seeking a full-time Compliance Director at its headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana. This position will report directly to the IDP Chair and the Executive Director. This position requires knowledge of federal and state campaign finance laws, campaign finance software (NGP), and QuickBooks. The Director is responsible for timely filing all campaign finance reports for the Party and to keep the Party compliant with federal and state rules and regulations regarding Party contributions and expenditures. The Director also serves as
the Party’s human resources department and coordinates Party financial logistics. Also responsible for creating and implementing Party policies, budgets, and serves as the main contact for all outside vendors.
• Responsible for FEC and IEC report preparation, reconciliation, quality control, and filing.
• Create and maintain the Party’s operating budget in addition to any coordinated campaign budgets.
• Process frequent reconciliations of bank accounts in addition to providing updated budget and cash flow reports as necessary to the Chair, Executive Director, and Finance Committee.
• Supports Party Chair and staff with expertise and resources regarding FEC and IEC rules and regulations.
• Also supports Party Chair and Staff with expertise and resources regarding State and Federal labor, tax, and other human resource rules and regulation in coordination with the Party’s attorneys and CPA.
• Advises on federal and state compliance-related issues as they arise in connection with fundraising, communications, use of funds, best practices, etc., which also includes review of all printed materials, to the Party as well as candidate committees and county party committees.
• Maintain all employee records, payroll accounts, and employee benefit programs.
• Assist in planning and logistics of all Party events, including: State Hoosier Hospitality Dinner, State and National Convention, IDEA Convention, Holiday Ball, training events, and election night events.
• Serves as point of contact for outside vendor accounts.
• Oversee Party operations and administrative needs.
• Experience using NGP software and QuickBooks
• Knowledge of federal and or state election laws
• Basic accounting experience and knowledge
• Must be able to work independently
• Efficient time management skills
• Extremely organized
• Must be able to work quickly under pressure
Education and Experience
The successful candidate holds a degree from a four-year college and has a minimum of two years’ experience with campaign finance and regulations.
Salary commensurate on experience. Employees are eligible to enroll in IDP’s health insurance policy, which includes dental, vision, health, and life insurance.
The Indiana Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or disability.
How to ApplyPlease send cover letters and resumes to Lauren Ganapini, Executive Director at (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Wednesday, November 6 at 5 p.m. EDT.
77 total views, 1 today